Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fall for Glam Party

To put a new twist on the traditional girls night out/cocktail party, my friend Kaite and her friend Allie hosted a Fall for Glam party. All of the guests brought fun Fall appetizers and drinks. I brought my styling chops and pulled together a few Fall outfits from Allie's closet. I paired each outfit with jewelry from Stella & Dot pieces provided by Kathleen Wolney!

I love this kind of party because the hostess gets some fun ideas to spice up her wardrobe, and the guests get to see Fall outfits before the season turns. 


I pulled a few work and casual outfits from Allie's wardrobe and here are the pics:

For a day to night work outfit, I paired a zebra print inspired pencil skirt with a black striped tee. For a bold statement against the black and white, I combined it with the Peacock Necklace that has bold blue hues and for an unexpected pop of gold, the Eden and Gilded Arrow bracelets. I love mixing metals and these all complemented each other so perfectly.


I was immediately drawn to this pair of chunky heels in Allie's closet. I had to include them in one of the outfits, and found a funky printed blouse to pair with black jeans, and this awesome chain and beaded necklace called the Tessa Fringe necklace from Stella & Dot.



For a fun Sunday shopping or lunch with friends, I selected a chevron print blouse, colorful scarf, and dark denim with cute black flats that have a surprise zipper up the back. Jewels from Stella & Dot included two bangles and Twila drop earrings that were clean and simple. The blouse and scarf do all of the talking so the jewelry should be understated and complementary.



Finally, I pulled a sundress from Allie's closet and styled it for Fall. This is a great trick that helps you extend those lovely summer pieces for another season. I wrapped it up in a millitary styled jacked and paired it with this awesome metallic tote that is perfectly named How Does She Do It.

(apparently I lost this pic!)

It was a beautiful day on a downtown rooftop and all of the guests looked lovely! I almost wore a very similar dress to Misha's navy and white striped wrap dress (Nordstrom). After talking more to her I found out that her dress can convert into a maxi-skirt, and the straps can be twisted and tied in multiple ways. Misha did a great job of keeping it simple with an awesome pair of red leather wedges that she found at a boutique in Las Vegas.


There were skirts, shorts, wedges and flats, and I loved it all!






Stella & Dot's latest jewels really impressed me! I love the vintage inspired pieces, and ended up picking out a intricately woven ring called the Haven ring, and another piece that is an arrow wrapped around my finger.

Thanks to the glam team! It was a great party and I can't wait to do it again. Want to host a party? Contact me!


No comments:

Post a Comment