Wednesday, August 8, 2012

All Things Sweet

What's better than strolling through a classic candy shop and getting free toffee from the owner!? Gail was kind enough to let us take a few pictures at her store in downtown Chicago called the Confection Connection.

My look includes a top I bought on sale at Anthropologie last summer, which I haven't worn it much because it's a busy pattern. So on Friday when I was out of dresses and skirts that I wanted to wear to keep cool, I threw on this breezy blouse.



I paired it with my favorite pants from Free People that are a cotton/spandex blend that look great dressed up or casually.

But my favorite part of this outfit are the shoes and accessories. A few stacked silver and gold bracelets are simple and not too flashy, keeping the blouse the main part of the show.
The necklace is my favorite and also a gift from Anthropologie. It's hard to see in the pics, but has a pink and green crystal pedant on a gold chain and keeps me feeling sparkly every day.


The shoes are the highest platforms I've ever owned, and definitely make me tower close to 5'11" in a blush tone suede. They are definitely comfortable, but I must say I walk slowly so I don't roll my ankle and fall flat on my behind.

Outfit from head to toe: crystal pendant necklace and jungle print blouse from Anthropologie, riding pant from Free People, vintage bracelets, and shoes by Chinese Laundry.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment