Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not So Normal Neutral

In Chicago, weather dictates a lot of what we wear, and it's pretty difficult to achieve fashion and function. Hence, during the winter most of us are in boots 24/7 so that we can be prepared for the rain/slush/snow/thunderstorms. I can't remember the last time I wore any of my heels!

With boots, it's hard to pull off anything other than brown or black, but what about slate gray? I've been eying different pairs of gray boots (even though I have about ten pairs of black boots. It's a problem), but I just can't find a pair that I want to commit to. Emmy caught my attention with her gray suede riding boots with accents of brown and a perfectly coordinated neutral outfit.




Her outfit is well balance with multiple tones of gray that complement the navy stripe button down. I also like that Emmy wore a gold watch and bracelet. It contrasts with the gray rather than blending together like silver.

Love her look, and she always looks chic!

Emmy's outfit head to toe: button down by Michael Kors, skirt from J.Crew, watch by Dolce & Gabanna, tights from Banana Republic, boots by Franco Sarto

No comments:

Post a Comment